Dust of that hula hoop and get ready to burn fat and get fit, because you don’t want to feel all that guilt if you go back on your new years resolution. Hula hooping for weight loss is just too easy, and too fun to not give it a whirl.
What? You don’t have a hula hoop yet?
I’m SO glad that you are visiting this page because we have just the hoop for you that will satisfy that desire to get fit and burn off all that sugar you ate over the holidays!
Here are 5 reasons why a fitness hoop is the BEST tool for weight loss and exercise
- You don’t need an expensive gym pass that you will not use more than a few times.
- You can hula hoop anywhere! At home in your pajamas, in the park with friends, anywhere!
- It’s easy, fun and you can see results in as little as 8 minutes per day of consistent use.
- Hooping not only helps you lose weight, and it also helps detoxify your skin, improve digestion and increases circulation.
- Hooping helps empower creative expression and awakens parts of yourself you might have forgotten about.
Ready to get started? Check out our best selling hoop below.
Are you saying things like the following to yourself?
But I don’t know how to hula hoop.
There’s not enough space in my house to hoop.
I don’t have time to learn a new skill.
You know what? Your concerns are heard and I’m going to help dispel these limiting beliefs and show you how you can shift those thoughts into the Ultimate Empowering Hooper Mindset.
We are MASTERS at teaching hula hooping as our team at Canyon Hoops has been hula hooping for over 20 years! We’ve taught countless classes, hosted workshops for beginner hoopers all over the country and helped literally thousands of people just like yourself learn how to hula hoop.
Yes, you have the time (I bet we can get you hooping in less than 10 minutes), that’s 10 minutes you would have spent in traffic going to the gym, putting on your workout clothes, tying your shoes, getting into the exercise room, oh man, I’m tired already! You could have already completed your 8 minutes of hooping by now!
Hooping does not take as much space as you might think. Stand in the center of your living room, or wherever you think you might hoop. Measure 4 feet out from where you are standing, that’s how much space you need. Maybe you want to tell the cat and dog not to come in while you learn.
Now that you don’t have any more excuses, grab your hoop and watch this short video. We are going to teach you How to Hula Hoop.
How to Hula Hoop in 5 Easy Steps
- Step inside the hoop, grab a hold of it with both hands and bring it so that it is horizontal with the ground.
- Put on foot in front of the other, left foot or right, whichever feel “natural”.
- Put the hoop against the flat of your back, just above your hip bones. Hold the hoop so that it remains horizontal with the ground.
- With a bit of a shove, push the hoop one direction or another so that it starts circling your hips. It doesn’t matter which direction you choose.
- Rock forward and backward on your feet. When the hoop is on your belly, rock forward, when the hoop is on your back, rock backward. (Pro Tip – You have to do this fast, faster than you think)
Are you hooping now?
If you are still having trouble, don’t worry, help is on the way! Along with your hoop purchase, we will send you several follow up How to Hoop tutorials that you can easily watch and try out in the comforts of your own home. You can also give us a call and we can talk you through the rough spots. We want you to succeed!
Did you know that hula hooping had these great benefits?
- Burns approximately 7 calories per minute hooping, which equates to over 400 calories an hour
- Increases heart rate; great cardio workout
- Increases stamina
- Improves your body’s balance and flexibility
- Strengthens and tones your arms, legs, and abdomen
- Works about 30 muscles in and around your body’s core
- Strengthens your low-back stabilizing muscles, which can help anyone with a history of back pain
- Improves the spine’s strength and flexibility
- Helps you to develop a sense of body awareness
- Improves hand-eye coordination and motor skills