Fire up your glutes and sculpt sexy shoulders using our buns and guns hoop circuit.
The majority of us that start on a hoop fitness quest waist hoop to lose abdominal fat and increase mood and have fun. But if you’re looking to make some serious gains with your fitness and weight loss, you may just need to step out of your circle from time to time and boost your results with strength training. Even a couple of sessions a week can have HUGE impact on your weight loss and fitness goals by:
- Burning belly fat. Twice weekly strength training sessions with overweight women ages 25 to 44 (The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition) compared with a group that did only aerobic activity showed more body fat total with the strength training group, AND less abdominal fat.
- Firing up your posterior chain. If you are on your computer, driving, watching tv or texting, you’re not only sitting on your rear, but you’re inactivating that whole posterior chain. This series is designed to fire that back up to help prevent back injuries and muscle imbalances.
- Lower blood pressure. Even an hour of strength training a week can help reduce blood pressure and drop stroke risk by 25 percent.
- Build strength without the bulk. These exercises are challenging enough just using your body weight. You’ll gain strength without a bulk look.
- Improve insulin sensitivity. If you’re struggling with weight loss, you likely are some degree of insulin resistant. Adding strength training into your program helps your body use glucose, or blood sugar.
We’ve got two versions for you – one with your fitness hoop and one using hoop minis (our secret weapon for sculpting shoulders and arms).
Demo videos are posted at the end of the workout cards.
TIP: Make sure to check the back foot position on the backward lunge exercises both with the regular fitness hoop and the minis. Keeping your heel lifted off the ground and really pulling the front standing knee back away from your toe will increase your glute activation!!!
If you have ANY questions or need help, leave us a comment below!
Traveling Squat With Curtsy Lunge
Side Lunge with Hoop Flip
Backward Lunge with Shoulder Press
Deep Traveling Squats to Curtsy Lunge with Mini Hoops
Side Lunges with Traveling Hoops
Backward Lunge with Palm Spins
About the Author:
Leigh Little is a certified Personal Trainer, Fitness Nutrition Specialist and Precision Nutrition Certified. She is a hoop dance performer and regular Canyon Hoops contributor with blog articles and videos and is the creator of Canyon Hoops Hoop Fitness DVD. To work with Leigh one on one for hoop fitness, dance, or weight loss contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Instagram @leighdavislittle